Organizations receive a participant for a maximum of 6-month stay abroad to work and live where the company is based.
Here you can find the most frequently asked questions resolved below.
What is the EYE program?
It provides practical and financial assistance to newly established or would-be entrepreneurs wishing to spend some time abroad with a host entrepreneur.
Someone who has an interested in the entrepreneurial space can participate and benefit from these experiences and gain informal education by doing and on-the-job-training experience. The host will benefit from having a participant working and living where they are based, exchanging their knowledge and experience and bringing fresh ideas and collaborations during the exchange.
Which countries can participate?
The programme is accessible to all European host entrepreneurs and participants who are nationals or who have their permanent residence (has lived over 6 months) in one of the 27 European Union Member States, Albania, Armenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Iceland, Turkey, UK, Ukraine, and Kosovo. Also participants from the EU outermost regions and the Oversears Countries and Territories (OCTs) are as well eligible to participate.
The EU outermost regions are:
- 4 French overseas departments– Martinique, Mayotte, Guadeloupe, French Guiana and Réunion
- 1 French overseas communities– Saint-Martin
- 2 Portuguese autonomous regions – Madeira and the Azores
- 1 Spanish autonomous community – the Canary Islands
- Anguilla, Aruba, Bermuda, Bonaire, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Curaçao, Falkland Islands, Greenland, Montserrat, New Caledonia, Pitcairn, French Polynesia, Saba, St. Barthélemy, Saint Helena, Saint Pierre-et Miquelon, Sint Eustatius, St.Maarten, Turks and Caicos, Wallis and Futuna.
WHO GRANTS THE FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO THE PARTICIPANT?
This financial assistance is paid by the participant’s intermediary organisation based in the country where the participant is living.
The funding is based on monthly financial help to cover the costs of living according to each country (here) during the exchange and travel costs from/ to the destination country.
which are the requirements to be a hosting company?
- You are a permanent resident in one of the Participating Countries and your company is registered in that country;
and have a minimum of 3 years of experience (can be the sum of different projects/ companies involved) in the entrepreneurial space in any of these cases:
- You are the owner-manager of a small or medium enterprise under 250 employees OR a person directly involved in a C-level position who is taking part in management decisions;
- You have been running a company as an entrepreneur (not an employee) for more than 3 years;
- You are a freelance and have had multiple different clients
NGOs, non-profit making organisations, foundations and cooperatives are also eligible.
This person (not the company) will act as a “mentor” during the exchange and will be matched with the selected participant.
What are the most important documents relevant to the participant?
To register in order to be eligible for this programme, the participant has to prepare the following:
A CV or Resume in pdf or word and answer general questions about the motivation of participating
- A business plan including a Summary, mission, services, market research, SWOT Analysis and a 2-year financial plan
- A commitment plan of tasks and desired outcomes for the length of the exchange (to be prepared together with the host)
WHAT ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS RELEVANT TO THE host?
To register in order to be an eligible host for this programme, the entrepreneur has to provide the following:
A Summary CV or Resume and answer general questions about the motivation of participating
- A commitment plan of tasks and desired outcomes for the length of the exchange (to be prepared together with the participant
CAN A COMPANY HOST MORE THAN 2 PEOPLE AT THE SAME TIME?
Yes, each mentor/ entrepreneur can host one participant at the time. If you have more than one person who meet the requirements of being a host, they can host as many people as mentors they have.
You can host as many people as you like over the years as long as is one candidate during the same period of time for each entrepreneur. For example, Martha can host someone from April till September, if during this period of time you will host someone else it has to be with another entrepreneur like Sara. After September, Martha can host again another participant and so on.