This project aims to promote public and individual health among people who are in a homeless situation, providing them with an effective response adapted to their needs.
They are looking for 1 volunteer.
Duration: 01/03/2021 to 31/10/2021
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
-Take part of the “Street’s teams” in daily routes which encompass several parishes of the city in order to encounter and support beneficiares;
– Support the Coordinating team in the daily activities of the project, such as: psychosocial and psychological support to beneficiares, medical and nursing care, support in taking prescription drugs, referral to health and treatment facilities, referral for screening for infectious diseases, etc.
– Follow-up of beneficiaries to various social and health structures;
– Support in the communication and articulation of cases with partner entities;
– Participation in team meetings and discussion of cases.
- Open-minded, eager to learn about social, community work and other cultures.
- It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility, motivation and enthusiasm.
- In this project, responsibility and the capacity to work in a team will be highly appreciated.
- We encourage applications especially from youngsters who already have some experience in volunteering or in working with people facing exclusion and are, at this moment, available to commit to a long term experience of volunteer work abroad and willing to know more about the work developed in this field of action.
- Any knowledge in Portuguese is a plus, however it is not a requirement.
- Age between 18-30 years old
- Participants from the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Greece, Spain, France, Finland, Croatia, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Slovenia, Slovakia, United Kingdom
- Compensation: All costs covered: paid travel allowances, medical insurance, accommodation and transportation. Plus EUR 150 net per month as pocket money.