Are you an experienced Permaculture Designer/Farmer? Have you worked on Permaculture projects that you are absolutely proud of? Would you like to move to Malaga, Spain, and use your talent and dedication to construct sustainable and environmentally-friendly gardens? Would you like to be the Project Manager and build everything from the very beginning and also be a mentor to other volunteers?
We are looking for Permaculture Designer & Project Manager to join the team of an Ecological BnB start-up in Spain, close to Malaga. The hotel takes pride in its orange grove, chickens, stables, a microgreen business, cats, and dogs. They have 7 000 sqm flat land and 7 000 sqm forest grove, ideal for a potential food forest. The main house is the BnB and the small house will need solar and gray-water systems. There is a well for irrigation. The owner wants to create a natural swimming pool in the BnB. The owner is qualified in traditional medicine and looking to create a medicinal garden.
Duration: 3- 6 months, full time.
Start date: As soon as possible
Conditions: This exchange takes place through the Erasmus+, EYE, or similar European programs.
For the EYE program you should have an interest in entrepreneurship and if selected is needed to prepare a business plan with our support.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare a permaculture design of phases 1 – 3 ( phase 1 being the easiest to implement and gaining the quickest results)
- Implement basic infrastructure and completion of phase 1 (which should include vegetable beds and vegetable/mushrooms/berries production as a priority to start the farm shop and supply the BnB.)
- Set up systems that make it easy for us to work with volunteers in the future
- Hand over the activities to the next project manager
- Fully qualified permaculture designer who needs a successful case study to demonstrate his/her capabilities to future clients
- A designer who wants to design and run a project and manage his/her own 1-2 volunteers
- You have a keen sense of permaculture for business and understand profit and loss
- Good communication and collaboration ability, hard-working with a good work-ethic, sensible project management skills
- Knowledge about pools, solar and gray -water is a bonus (any additional skills are appreciated, please state them on your application)
- Monthly financial help according to the costs of living
- Paid travel costs from/to destination country
- Added experience on your CV and the opportunity to live and work abroad
Please note you will only be contacted in case we are moving forward with your application.
However, we will continue to consider you for upcoming vacancies where you could be a great fit. For more information, check our FAQs.