Are photography and videography your passion? How about planning photoshoots in nature – on the beach, in the mountain, or in the forest? Do you strive to create the best visual content using programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, and Adobe Premiere?
We are looking for an Assistant for a Tenerife-based Lifestyle photographer who uses their camera to capture the best moments in the lives of their clients. The position requires both working from home and on-site assistance. It involves help in the business’s day-to-day operations, marketing, and social media content strategy. The ideal candidate should have enthusiasm and interest in this area, and be creative and energetic because many jobs include work outside at different locations.
Duration: 3- 6 months, full time.
Start date: As soon as possible
Conditions: This exchange takes place through the Erasmus+, EYE, or similar European programs.
For the EYE program you should have an interest in entrepreneurship and if selected is needed to prepare a business plan with our support
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare Equipment and Set – Unload and set up the cameras, tripods, lights, and other equipment. Assistance in preparing and styling the set according to the customer’s requests and the photographer’s needs, including placing props, determining where customers should sit or stand, and adjusting light sources.
- Assist During Photo Shoots – During the photo session, this may include taking additional photos, and video, changing and directing light, and light sourcing.
- Provide Customer Service – Book customers’ appointments, keep track of the schedule, deal with conflicts, answer customers’ questions about the services, conduct client outreach and work on brand awareness
- Edit Photos – Using image editing software, photography assistants correct blemishes in photos, including cropping photos and adjusting contrast, tone, or lighting. They also remove unwanted objects in the scene, apply digital filters, make color enhancements, and improve image sharpness.
- Social Media – Familiarity with social media for a brand, client outreach, post updates, stories, and reels.
- Familiarity with photography techniques – although assistants don’t always take photos themselves, they still understand how to use appropriate lighting, shutter speeds, filters, and lenses for each job
- Multimedia editing – basic image editing skills enable assistants to retouch and enhance photos, while video editing skills benefit photography assistants working for studios that record videos or drone footage
- Customer service – photography assistants need a customer service orientation for handling customer inquiries, processing payments, distributing orders, and assisting customers during photoshoots
- Creativity – their creativity helps photographers choose appropriate options for camera settings and lighting as well as create sets that are interesting and visually appealing
- Interpersonal skills – successfully working alongside the photographer and customers requires people skills, flexibility, teamwork, and clear communication at all times
- Driving skills – Very desirable
- Knowledge of Tools of the Trade: Photography equipment (cameras, lenses, lights, filters). Image editing software (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Corel PaintShop Pro). Video editing software (Adobe After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere)
- Monthly financial help according to the costs of living
- Training programs provided
- Paid travel costs from/to destination country
- Added experience on your CV and the opportunity to live and work abroad
Please note you will only be contacted in case we are moving forward with your application.
However, we will continue to consider you for upcoming vacancies where you could be a great fit. For more information, check our FAQs.