Meet Laura, a Lithuanian girl that applied for an open position with us, she was selected and now she is enjoying living and working in the sunny and tropical Canary Islands, in Spain
She is currently working at Amarilla Coworking & Coliving and she is happy in charge of content creation and Social Media management, especially creating content for the soon-to-come company’s website.
1. Tell us about you and your journey until now
I was working at the digital marketing agency in Vilnius when I saw this opportunity, therefore I decided to apply because I wanted to bring some changes into my life. Spain has always been a country for me that I truly enjoy exploring, and Tenerife was the destination I’ve never been to. So, I applied, had an interview, did my paperwork and now I work for a coliving, coworking business in South Tenerife.
2. How was the change from living in Lithuania to living in Spain?
It wasn’t too challenging, because I’ve lived in Spain (mainland) before, and also I speak Spanish. So, no cultural shock. The biggest changes were, of course, the weather and sense of living on the island.
3. What kind of duties do you do at work on a daily basis?
Mostly content creation and Social Media management. Taking pictures, editing them, copywriting, social media management, team meetings, community nurturing etc. Right now our priority is to build a website, so I help with content for that as well.
4. What do you do in your free time on the island?
Going to hike, to the beach, meeting people, travelling around the island, taking pictures of all these amazing places.
5. What have you gained from this experience so far?
Well, it’s only my third week, but so far, I feel that I already learned so many things. Especially community and business management from my mentor Marina.
6. Would you recommend Jump into Freedom for someone looking for a position abroad? How was the whole process until you finally relocate?
Yes, Laura from Jump into Freedom was very helpful on my journey of coming here. She has helped me in every step of the process when I didn’t know something. I would definitely recommend it
7. Any advice for someone who would like to move abroad just like you did?
If you are thinking of doing it – just go for it! It’s a great opportunity to learn, meet new people and just enjoy a different culture.